Because I'm all about the "good enough."

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Sauce for the gander.

I attended the Dell annual analyst conference a couple of weeks ago, and was privileged to witness something that made me extremely happy.

As is typical with these analyst events, the vendor features a few customer companies who talk about what they've done with the vendor products, how it helped their business, etc. Also, as is typical with analyst events, we all get little souvenir bags handed out to us with vendor-branded schwag.

Well, all the stars aligned this time, because one of the featured customers was Revlon.

And the goodie bags all contained Revlon products. You know -- lipstick, mascara, nail files, that sort of thing. As a sop to the men, there was a masculine sort of deodorant stick included.

I couldn't help but grin when I saw the reactions around the room. Most of the men were looking into the bag with an expression of, "What the ... I don't even ... what IS this? This isn't meant for me. WTF am I supposed to do with this?"

Guess what, guys in technology? This is EXACTLY the reaction that we (straight) women have when we're confronted by a booth babe.

Le boom.